18 May Office 365 Deployment for a Mid-sized Construction Company
18 May 2021
Mid-sized Construction Company with Offices across several cities in the US
The client with its offices spread across the country faced issues with effective collaboration and effectively lost a lot of productive time trying to coordinate amongst different stakeholders running different projects.
The client had recently migrated to Office 365 but did not have a complete picture of how to utilize their license capabilities.
The client faced several challenges trying to communicate and collaborate amongst each other as the number of people on-boarding increased and making remote collaboration productive was a major challenge. The client also did not have an effective way to manage their documents and processes. Additionally, the client required to get the solution in place in a period of 4 weeks with everything done out of the box.
Given the nature of the request and the current state of the O365 deployment, Star Knowledge proposed to have the entire tenant running on E3 licenses to be assessed and identified the roadmap that including correcting the setup issues, security setup, Office 365 groups, Setup Planner, Teams set up and best practice adoption and SharePoint site collection for the departments to manage their documents and collaborate effectively with Power Automate and PowerApps.
The client, given the time constraint, wanted to achieve maximum productivity within their teams and collaborate and wanted to define an adoption plan and training.
The sites were designed using SharePoint Look Book and designed document libraries to manage projects, estimates, and bills that were segregated by year and projects.
Star Knowledge helped the organization define Office 365 groups, create Teams from the Office 365 groups, and set up a planner for an effective task and role management for day-to-day activities, clean up unwanted and inactive groups with a clean structure.
Additionally, Star Knowledge defined a staged custom workflow using Power Automate and PowerApps to manage the approval workflow for leave management, custom search, expense management, and workflow for HR policy approvals.
Finally, the adoption of the solution deployment included training the trainer sessions with a focus on user adoption to Exchange Online, Teams, Planner, and SharePoint Online.
- The assessment helped identify the gaps in the current setup and define the roadmap for structuring the tenant with out-of-the-box features.
- Effective application usage with increased adoption due to creation and structuring of the deployment around Office 365 groups that saw the adoption increase by nearly 40% in week 1.
- Effective task management using Planner and real-time adoption using Team and SharePoint document library integrated.
- SharePoint deployment, customization, and branding for effective collaboration amongst different stakeholders while ensuring proper security measures
- Custom workflow for HR policy approval management. Leave and Expense Management for the quick approval process.
- Office 365
- SharePoint Online
- Power Automate and PowerApps
Planning to adopt office 365 solutions for your business? Then reach out to us, with decades of experience in office 365 migration and implementation practices our consultants will make you leverage the O365 solution to the most of it.