27 Mar SharePoint Workflow Automation for a Construction Firm
27 MAR 2020
A leading Construction Company in North America with history in constructing roads, railway lines, bridges, etc. engages Star Knowledge for SharePoint workflow automation solution and to benefit from automated business processes.
The client, with over 500 employees engaged in different locations, realized that tender management was becoming growingly frustrating due to the time it consumed in manual scrutiny. Also, the document approvals consumed a large amount of time which resulted in delayed project execution and delivery.
The client felt the need for a powerful business process automation solution to completely automate its tender management and document approval process to reduce the turnaround time, automate manual processes, and increase employee productivity.
With employees distributed across different regions working on several different projects at once, the client wanted to automate their business processes within a very short duration and with minimal effort.
The SharePoint developers & consultants at Star Knowledge based on their experience in SharePoint consulting and development services with profound expertise in Power Automate (Microsoft Flow) analyzed the customer requirements and implemented a solution:
- That leveraged Microsoft SharePoint 2016 platform, SharePoint Forms, and SharePoint Workflows
- Developed SharePoint document approval workflow
- The larger Tender Automation System was logically split into multiple subsystems
- Automated RFQ (Request for Quotation) workflow using SharePoint Forms and SharePoint Workflows within a very short duration.
Benefits of SharePoint Workflow Automation
- Quick Turn Around of Tenders
- Sophisticated document approval workflow
- Business process automation
- The process ensured complete transparency of business processes
- The solution also enabled the client to collaborate with their suppliers more effectively
- Microsoft Office SharePoint Server (MOSS) 2007
- Microsoft Visual Studio 2008
Looking for a similar solution? The experienced Microsoft SharePoint consultants, having a decade’s experience in SharePoint development services, can build custom solutions that suit your unique business requirements. Get in touch and discuss your project requirement with us.
Looking for a similar SharePoint solution? Our consultants with broad expertise in SharePoint migration services can help you move your legacy document management system to SharePoint or can build custom SharePoint-based solutions tailored for your business. Let’s discuss your project. Sign up for a Microsoft SharePoint consultation.