09 Jul Business Process Automation & Power Automate: The Use Cases
09 JUL 2020
Microsoft Power Automate (Flow) and Power Apps together are revolutionizing business process automation. Companies from different industries are leveraging the platform along with other elements of Microsoft Power Platform – Power Apps, and Power BI for higher workforce productivity, reduction in operational cost, and of course, improved business process efficiency.
In the marathon of business process excellence, Power Automate is your power booster.
Let’s look at how Power Automate is being leveraged by different industries:
Power Automate in the Healthcare Industry
Defining healthcare organizations in three words – paperwork, paperwork, and more paperwork. From registration of a patient to their exit, from handling disconnected systems to messy document management and storage, every process is a lot more complicated than it can be. But one significant transformation the healthcare industry has witnessed is the adoption of modern technologies like cloud computing, artificial intelligence, IoT, Blockchain, and of course, Robotic Process Automation (RPA) to overcome the challenges involved.
Speaking of RPA – RPA in healthcare is largely being adopted for automating frequent, time-consuming workflows and especially in adapting through the COVID-19 outbreak. So, here’s how Power Automate is benefiting healthcare providers:
- Workflow automation to transfer test results into the Electronic Health Record system
- Workflow automation to process COVID-19 testing kits
- Automation of helpdesk processes
- Patient admission and discharge process automation
- Staff onboarding and rotation
- Document approval workflow automation
- Policy setting and user authorization automation
- Automation of billing and claims
There’s a lot more than this that healthcare providers can automate. Whatever the business processes, our Power Automate and Power Apps consultants can build custom workflows and automate them for you in no time.
When it comes to leveraging business process automation, the construction/engineering industry (AEC) is no different. Builders are actively seeking new ways to increase operational efficiencies and automate repetitive tasks. From initial planning to the completion of final structures, using Power Automate, every monotonous process involved can be automated:
- Remotely operate autonomous machinery
- Automation of workflows into ERP solutions
- Automated invoicing
- Automated document management – fetch, scan, and share
- Automated real-time cost-to-estimate reports
- Automated drones for working area surveys
- Virtual reality with Power Apps for project planning & training
We are aware that builders are rapidly adopting process and workflow automation because we have built the custom automated workflow solutions for a few ourselves. With the experience gained, we have witnessed a considerable percentage of operational efficiency boost in their business. The workforce is now more agile and productive. Power Automate is being leveraged for Workforce Automation as well. The field workforce needs automation of several processes and document approvals for effective project management and Microsoft Flow is bridging the gap.
Manufacturing process automation is booming by leaps and bounds. Manufacturers are leveraging process and workflow automation not only in production lines but are also automating inventories, orders, purchasing, and deliveries. With Microsoft Power Automate, manufacturers can reduce production waste, improve product quality, improve response time, and more. From procurement to supply chain, from order processing to operations Power Automate can be leveraged to automate every workflow:
- Automate data tracking & document processing
- Automated emails for easier supplier communication management
- Automate order placement, tracking, and delivery processes
- Automate all the workflows involved in distribution and logistics
- Automate processes to quickly respond to customer queries during out of office hours
Studies reveal over 2000 hours of manual work can be saved by implementing workflow automation in manufacturing processing.
The retail industry is one of the fastest-growing industries of recent times and the players are adopting innovating practices to keep thriving. One of such innovating practice is the adoption of modern technologies like Artificial Intelligence, POS, and RPA. Retail automation is rapidly being leveraged to smoothen processes and provides faster, proactive customer service. Microsoft Power Automate is helping retailers optimize retail process operations and reduce the massive number of man-hours. Using Power Automate (UI Flows) retails are able to:
- Automate return processing
- Automate HR processes such as onboarding & offboarding, payroll, and reporting
- Automate inventory and freight management
- Automate sales analytics, trade promotions, and new product introduction processes
- Automate flow of real-time information across critical systems such as POS, inventory control etc.
With business process automation, retailers can rapidly transform into super-smart businesses and Microsoft BPA tools are designed to deliver agile and adaptive solutions for enabling operational excellence.
Financial Services and Banking institutions are one of the rapid adopters of business process automation solutions. Transforming core business operations is now a top priority for financial institutions and insurance companies. With BPA & RPA, the businesses are saving 20-25% of the cost. With Microsoft Power Automate, Financial Services sector is able to:
- Automate validation processes and give customers faster decisions
- Automate accounts payable processes
- Automate employee, customer data push/pull
- Automate loan application capturing
- Automate application of formulas
- Automate orchestrating processes
- Automate application of business rules
Oil & Gas Industry
Business process automation has already transformed the way Oil, Gas and Energy companies are operating. Automation is contributing to increased operational efficiency and especially in dealing with real-time data, tests, inputs, and outcomes. With Microsoft Power Automate and Power Apps, O&G companies are able to:
- Automate data analytics for exploration & production
- Automate real-time report generation
- Automate real-time testing and calculations
- Automate safety checks
- Automate close process
- Automate supply chain management
With over a decade in the industry, delivering tailor-made solutions to clients across a wide range of industries, our Microsoft consultants understand that automation by industries varies and each business is going through unique pain points. We understand each of these pain points and build solutions to help businesses overcome them. Discover more about Power Automate with us.