05 Aug Redesigning of Sharepoint online Portal
05 AUG 2019
The client is one of the leading construction companies in the USA.
The Client currently uses SharePoint Online, with a customized workflow to support more than 150 SharePoint end-user sites and subsites throughout their organization. The client was looking for a solution to upgrade and align their SharePoint Online Portal environment with Microsoft SharePoint Online ‘Best Practices’ with the business goal to significantly improve end-user effectiveness, productivity and management oversight, and control.
The Star Knowledge Technical Team with their expertise in Microsoft SharePoint consulting services, proposed a project consisting of four clear and logical flow-through phases to meet the client’s SharePoint goal, they included:
- Understand and analyze the current (as is) and future (to be) SharePoint Online Environment and Process State conditions and requirements;
- Develop a future (to be) ‘Best-Practices’ SharePoint Environment Strategy Roadmap and process state
- Set-up, develop, reconfigure, and deploy all necessary ‘Best Practices’ changes to support the implementation of the future (to be) SharePoint Environment Online Strategy and process state, and;
- Create end-user and system admin training materials and operations manuals and conduct train-the-trainer training sessions for designated Turner Trainers to ensure the successful change-over and use of the approved future (to be) SharePoint Online Environment.
The SharePoint Online ‘Best Practices’ Strategy Roadmap encompassed document management, group calendar and event management, and meta data and optimized within the new redesigned structure of sites and sub-sites.
- Microsoft SharePoint Online
- Microsoft SharePoint
- Office 365
The key benefits realized by the Client as a result of the successful project include:
- Managing external user access became much easier
- Use to get New SharePoint Features and Updates First
- Able to access SharePoint site from anywhere on any devices
- Solution was more reliable and secure
- Able to easily scale up and down farms
- It has all the compliances required
- Free up IT staff – No More Maintenance was required
- Backups that can be taken with a few clicks and restored with ease
- It reduced the hassles for the IT staff in making systems compliant to standards
Have a similar case? With over a decade’s experience in providing SharePoint consuting services and SharePoint Online migration services, Star Knowledge is a prefered Microsoft Partner for content and collaboration solutions. Discuss your business requirements with out seasonal SharePoint developers and consultants today!