11 Jul Migration from SharePoint 2010 to SharePoint online
11 JUL 2019
The client is a leading Microsoft Partner and provides Microsoft consulting and development services to some of the clients in government sectors in North America.
Client was maintaining an on-premise SharePoint 2010 environment and were in the process of working to upgrade and migrate the organization over to a new SharePoint Online platform. To ensure the transition is performed under best practices, Client desires the creation of an implementation strategy and roadmap to manage the deployment and continued use of SharePoint Online. The objective of this initiative was to develop and articulate a vision and roadmap for the effective implementation of SharePoint Online services to support the current and future needs of Client Post migration of user, resources and shared mailboxes – multiple systems like HRMS, Salesforce, Internal Ticketing system, and RFC servers must be integrated to use Office365 instead of legacy Domino environment.
Star Knowledge team closely worked with client to develop the tailored implementation strategy and related roadmap as well as provide coaching, mentorship and support to the client. Star Knowledge provided 24/7/365 support and ADHOC consulting sessions where Star Knowledge and Client discussed the questions or concerns as well as provide best practices insights and advice around approach or architectural items for Office 365 and SharePoint Online. Star Knowledge team also provided expert guidance with the project framework, act as a coach, and provide as-needed consulting/technical advisory services to implement SharePoint Online. We helped client to a build a custom and scalable SharePoint Online solution that fits the current and future needs and expectations in their digital workplace. The project was divided in following phases to migrate entire environment from Sharepoint 2010 to Sharepoint online.
- Discovery & Assessment Phase
- Pilot Migration
Tools and Technology used
- Sharepoint 2010, Sharepoint online, Metalogix tool for migration.
- Achieve the benefits of lower operational and maintenance costs through moving to Sharepoint online
- SharePoint online offers simple, flexible, remote email access, improved collaboration via centrally stored data
- For those businesses using Microsoft Server, the integration of the Active Directory with MS Exchange mail and SharePoint allows for a single source for user account management
- The applications/services provided by SharePoint online are updated and maintained in the cloud, so a user need not update the software on their own.