06 Feb Migration of APlus to Office365
6 FEB 2018
A Pharmaceutical company in Silicon Valley USA having about 4500 employees’ around multiple time zones was using APLUS (a pop3 and IMAP web based email service provider).
Clients concocted a thought
As per the recent transition towards latest technologies the company want to move their existing email infrastructure to Office365. The requirements were as follows:
- Customer needs all mailboxes from the APlus to be moved to Office365.
- Users had multiple PST which require auditing and merging the PST with their respective owners.
- There was no calendaring involved since APlus did not support calendar and free/busy sharing but the customer wants to retain personal Calendar events and entries for individual users.
- User experience must be documented and educated throughout the process of migration.
- Post migration of user training and support the local IT staff with Office365.
What we proposed
Star Knowledge executed the migration for this customer by using custom PowerShell scripts and TransVault Insight tool. With this method, we were able to provide:
- Consolidation of multiple PST files.
- Cutover and bring all PST to a centralized location.
- Addressed deduplication with TransVault Insight.
- Synchronization of all PST’s for users post cutover of their mailbox
- Complete end to end planning of users with batches were planned and developed mail merge macros for sending user notification regarding the email migration.
- Setup support desk for user to contact when there are issues with respect to migrations.
- Executed the complete migration as per the plan and all deliverables were met. Including orphan PST files and data were provided to the custody of the customer for storage until the retention period is met.
- Trained users and IT team with test cases, use cases and administration tasks.
- Provided PowerShell script to the IT team for them to enable bulk changes on the required
Results & benefits obtained
- Microsoft’s online services have been designed with security in mind. Office 365 applications are accessed through 128-bit SSL/TSL encryption so that if a transmission is intercepted by someone without authorization
- Downtime means lost worker productivity and ultimately costs companies money. Microsoft Online Services provides a service level agreement (SLA) and has a 99.9 percent scheduled uptime
- Microsoft Office 365 services have been certified as compliant with ISO 27001 standards, completed SAS70 Type I and II audits
- With Office 365, companies and their users get all the features and functionality of the very latest versions of Microsoft’s server products.
- Trans vault migrator tools
Want for information
If you want to learn more about how Star Knowledge team can add value to your organization, please contact us today at [email protected]