14 Mar What is the SSL Certificate? And Why SSL is Important for your website?
14 MAR 2019
Let’s start with the fundamentals: Many people wonder what is an SSL certificate? An SSL is abbreviated as Secure Sockets Layer, a global standard security technology that enables encrypted communication between a web browser and a web server. it’s more usually known as the ‘s’ after the ‘HTTP in many website URLs. It is used to protect your website, even if it doesn’t handle sensitive information like credit cards. But it provides privacy, critical security, and protection for both your websites and your users’ personal information.
Any computer in between the user and the server can see their payment card details and other sensitive information if it is not encrypted with an SSL certificate. When you used SSL certification, it creates a foundation of user trust by establishing a secure connection.
How can you tell if a website uses SSL?
You can easily identify if a site has an SSL certificate by looking at the address bar.
But the most important fact is Netscape developed SSL in 1994, it took a long time for it to wind up the standard. Indeed, even right up ’til the present time, a huge number of websites still don’t have SSL – and just like that, they put their users at risk.
Why SSL is Important for your website?
Google has decided to flag the websites which do not have an SSL Certificate updated on their website. If anyone fails to comply with this standard, all the prevalent internet browsers utilized the world over like Google Chrome / Firefox Mozilla will penalize them by giving a warning message of ‘Not Secure’ on the website URL bar.
As a visitor, you cannot manually fix the cause of the warning. The only way to solve the issue is to obtain an SSL certificate and enable HTTPS on your website and get the below advantages from SSL.
- It protects your website and all your subdomains
- It is a decent method to earn the trust of your visitors
- Better search engine ranking (SEO) & priority by google
- Protect your site from cybercriminals
- Secure payment gateway via SSL’s on your website.
- Secure the login process and web forms
- SSL helps you satisfy PCI/DSS necessities
HTTPS is easier and cheaper than ever before
In case you’re hoping to secure your site with an SSL, there are two approaches.
- Free SSL Certificate: Let’s Encrypt is an esteemed approach to encode the information on your page.
- Premium SSL Certificate: They, of course, cost a smidgen of money – beginning from a few dollars every month. But these certificates are extremely simple to introduce and if something turns out badly, accommodating help goes far.
Then what are you waiting for? If you would like to secure your website and ensure the best practice and better feeling for your visitors, contact Star knowledge today!
We’re a trusted security partner with a proven track record for consistency, quality, and convenience. We offer the highest levels of security services for website sites and network infrastructure, as well as an efficient and cost impact method for doing as such.