Dynamics 365 Sales: CRM for Modern Digital Businesses
6 Jan 2020
When it comes to a good Customer Relationship Management system, Dynamics 365 for Sales has seen the highest adoption rate in the CRM market. Microsoft launched itsDynamics CRM (now known as Dynamics 365 for Sales) in 2003 to act as a CRM Management System to drive sales productivity and marketing effectiveness.
Dynamics 365 Sales is designed to support your business’ marketing and sales processes like lead management, account management, sales force automation, business intelligence, order management, customer satisfaction and more. D365 for Sales is a fully customizable model-driven app, built on Common Data Service platform, to help your organization in establishing a uniform strategic sale process for your sales team.
Let’s have a look at some interesting statistics:
How can you use Dynamics 365 Sales to achieve business goals?
D365 Sales helps you “Turn relationships into revenue”. As a CEO/CMO your fundamental goal is to generate new leads every month, every quarter, and every year. To achieve this goal, you need to collect and store the database of your target audience but how do you do this? Using Spreadsheets? Nahhh..
In the age of cloud computing, Dynamics 365 lets you build strategies to engage customers and win more deals. It is the universal sales and marketing platform that helps you achieve your ultimate business goal – increased revenue. The platform is designed to help you manage the entire sales cycle. Now let’s explore some key Dynamics 365 capabilities:
- ‘Leads’ and ‘Opportunity’ entities let you identify customers who are most likely to convert and buy from you. They help in monitoring and improving conversion rates as well as win rates.
- Moving on from the opportunity entity, you can easily create a quote for the leads interested in buying from you.
- Set sales goals – Set sales goals & targets for the sales team. Easily measure and track the progress, target achievements and target revenues.
- Sales Literature – A place where your sales team can store and access brochures, pricing structures, promotional materials, and more. The sales team can also easily send leads and contacts information from right within D365.
- Marketing Campaigns – Organize your marketing efforts & projects by creating campaign records. You can track all your sales activities involved in a campaign such as emails, phone calls, planning activities etc.
- Schedule & Manage Smart Alerts – As a manager you can keep your sales team informed and proactive using the alert feature. Future follow ups, immediate quote generation, service request for premium customers, team announcements, and so much more can be managed right within a single platform.
- Create & Manage Invoices – Create invoices & bill the customer all in one platform. When a customer places an order, you can easily create an invoice and bill them for the upcoming sales. D365 also allows you to create an invoice that has not originated from an order.
- Create & edit charts – You can present large quantities of data in a graphical & insightful way by creating useful charts in D365 Sales. You can customize your dashboard with easy-to-understand visuals and the data you’d like see there.
- Increase response rates or disqualify a lead through warm, hot or cold response types received by colleagues who are engaging the leads via emails, calls or meetings.
- Tailor next action and engagements based on contextual insights
- Make your sales staff more proactive by showing them when and how customers interact or respond to their emails for further communication.
- Integrate Office 365 and LinkedIn Sales Navigator so that the sellers can easily manage relationships and build trust
- Monitor the customer behavior and point of view to improve sales engagement by bringing the customer data together
- Allow sellers to personalize sales documents with embedded office 365 tools
How is Dynamics 365 for Sales Useful?
- Collect and Store Data in One Place
Before CRM systems and cloud-based solutions came into existence, companies saved each customer’s data in spreadsheets and collected their cards; this resulted in difficult sales process management, loss of data, security breaches and brought so many more threats to the business. D365 CRM since its launch has become a business-favorite for storing all of the customer data, running campaigns, and closing deals just from one single platform. It is now easier for the sales team to navigate any piece of information and monitor a customer’s journey.
- Dashboards and Charts
In an age of fetch-data-on-a-click, who does not have dashboards and access to statistics instantly? On Dynamics 365 Sales, you can create and get instant access to custom charts, personalized dashboards, and upto-date business stats. The D365 Sales app provides out-of-the-box visuals and charts of your own data to give you a clear picture of what’s going on. Nothing works the standard way now, don’t you like to customize the dashboard according to the information you’d like to see every morning as soon as you sign in? Well, D365 has the features that let you pin the exact information you’d want to see each day on your dashboard.
- Manage Goals
Sales are measured by targets. Set goals and targets for your sales team and marketing team and analyze these goals against their performance on Dynamics 365. You don’t need separate performance management or goals achievement measurement software for the goal management of your team; everything can be managed on D365 alone.
- Power BI and Reports
Do you use Power BI too? Integrate Power BI with Dynamics 365 and it can show you the analytics directly from the tool. You can easily customize the latest data you’d like to see on your dashboard. Also, when you want to pull out reports, D365 makes it super easy for you by using the out-of-the-box Report Wizard. And you can, by all means, fetch complex reports by creating an SSRS report using fetch queries where you’ve got the complete control over what data you want to fetch and how your reports should look like.
- Integrate Emails
Don’t use emails to reach out to prospects? Come on, you most definitely do! Email marketing has become one of the most common ways to sell and market a product/service. Integrate email inbox such as outlook with Dynamics 365 to view contact and leads, link emails to existing records, update D365 records directly from your email inbox and do a lot more.
- Customizations and More Customizations!
We are aware our businesses are not the exact replica of one another. Or are they? Hmm.. never mind. Dynamics 365 CRM is as flexible and unique as our businesses. Microsoft made sure its products align and fit perfectly with each business operation. Even the most minor changes can easily be made without any high technical expertise such as inserting more fields, entity creation and updates, form creation etc. Well, with so many options of flexibility, we don’t think any business requirement can go unmet.
Dynamics 365 for Sales & Marketing help you in enabling Sales professionals to close deals faster and build strong relationships with the customers. With D365 you can automate processes, improve accessibility and collaboration within a business.
To help D365 Sales blend into your business effectively, Star Knowledge provides Dynamics 365 consulting services. Our expert consultants can easily develop solutions to help you nurture sales, from lead generation to order completion. Contact us now to get in touch with one of our expert consultants.